Friday, December 11, 2009

Calendars and... Second Tongue



I've been busy with all sorts of projects lately.
The UNHCR calendar project is coming to an end. Hopefully I'll soon be able to tell you about a beautiful 2010 calendar of poems I helped to select. More on that later.

Something totally wonderful and unexpected this week: I found out that my talented (and funny) Fictionaut buddy Finnegan Flawnt who writes in flawless English...is, in fact, German! Together with the brilliant Dorothee Lang (designer of the lovely logo you can see above) who is also a German writing in English, they invited me to set up the group "Second Tongue" on Fictionaut- a group for bilingual/multiligual writers. To give you a taste, here is a section of our group description:

"...It doesn't matter to us whether your first language is French, Chinese, Greek, Swahili, Italian, Urdu, or any other of the world's groovy languages:

Make this your home, share your English writing and discuss with us what it means, for you, not to write in your mother tongue.

We also welcome native English speakers, who live and write abroad or who write in another language than English..."

So happy to be a part of this! We hope to get many members, and I know there are a lot of people out there writing in a "second tongue". Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment